No. of Openings : 01
Experience : 8+ Years
Posted On : 22nd Sep, 2017
Location : Chennai
Manages the activities of a large and complex program or project developing and
implementing a major information systems project or upgrading an existing major
system. Often handles multiple projects concurrently and is the primary interface
with the user on all matters relating to technical excellence and meeting cost/schedule
Sets direction and manages all aspects of the development and implementation of
complex IT projects (i.e., ability to manage $2.5M or more), including application
development projects, infrastructure or mobilization solutions, or a combination
of such projects. Provides a single point of contact for those projects and takes
them from original concept through final implementation of an application or system.
Defines project goals, determines project scope and devises methods to achieve project
goals. Tracks project progress and deliverables to assure the clients receives the
product required within budget and schedule.
Develops or supervises the development of major project documents, including project
scope statement, objectives, work plans, schedules, project estimates, system architecture
and resource plans. Monitors project status, progress, quality and deliverables,
identifying and resolving issues and problems as they arise. Interfaces with clients
in identifying and resolving questions, issues, and problems. Selects vendors and
contractors, integrates their work into the overall project plan, monitors their
progress and assures quality of their deliverables.
Supervises the more junior technical staff on projects, monitors their professional
development and mentors them as necessary to improve their effectiveness on the
project and general level of skills.
Parsons resident expert on specific technologies. Recommends how to apply those
technologies within the company, individual GBUs and departments.
- Analyzes the business case for developing
a major application or enterprise-level systems.
- Analyzes the client's needs and user requirements
to determine the project scope and functional requirements and recommends project
priority to Parsons senior management.
- Reviews and approves recommended solutions,
conversion plans, procedures for implementation and related timetables to ensure
they meet the user's requirements.
- Defines project objectives and scope, including
budget, schedule, deliverables, resources required and other essential project information.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules,
project estimates and resource plans.
- Establishes the high-level structure of
the application, program or system (infrastructure, network, or distributed) by
creating the system architecture; directs implementation of that architecture throughout
- Assembles project team, selecting individuals
with the appropriate knowledge and skills to successfully develop and implement
- Tracks project status, analyzes progress
and prepares internal status reports to Parsons management.
- Organizes, plans and conducts regular project
status meetings with the project team and with the client, to determine current
progress of the project in relation to project deliverables, budget and schedule.
- Ensures that recommended technologies and
program enhancements meet or exceed the user's expectations.
- May personally meet with users regarding
potential problem areas, schedule delays, issues, questions or other events which
could affect project scope or completion.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance
to the project team; works with the project team to identify and find solutions
for project issues, questions and problems.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and
reviews project deliverables to assure quality standards are met. Reports results
of quality assessments via a quality report.
- Provides technical direction to subordinates
and reviews work produced to ensure technical excellence.
- Monitors productivity and technical proficiency
of assigned personnel. Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action
as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training
and development for assigned personnel.
- Identifies issues and problems; takes action
to direct analysis; recommends and implements solutions.
- Selects vendors and contractors; manages
the integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- May provide company's expertise on the development
and use of specific technologies.
- Maintains affiliation with professional
societies to keep abreast of current and newly-developing technologies. Makes recommendations
where projects might benefit from new technological changes.
Preferred Education / Experience :
4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 5-10 yrs. of diversified
experience providing leadership and direction in business analysis, system architecture
and project management of large, complex application or IT infrastructure projects,
typically projects with a value of at least $2.5M and with large project teams.
2+ yrs. previous experience as an IT Specialist, Senior preferred.
Required Skills / Competencies :
- Ability to design, architect, develop and
implement complex application solutions for large and complex programs or projects
or similar experience for an infrastructure and/or mobilization project or program.
- A thorough understanding of business analysis
(e.g., conducts user interviews, captures system requirements, assists with definition
of system specifications and scope, analyzes requirements against existing system),
project management and application architecture or similar infrastructure / mobilization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
(e.g., C++, Visual Basic, JAVA, etc.) for application development and/or multiple
infrastructure / mobilization solutions (e.g., Network solutions, WAP, VOIP, Video
Conferencing, Riverbed) .
- Excellent ability to lead and manage a project
development team of any size.
- Written and oral communication skills appropriate
for the position, including the ability to speak with authority on technical issues
in various professional settings and to persuade listeners regarding best approach
to resolving user's problem (may include communication via telephone, in person,
presenting to large groups, community events). Ability to write complex documents
(may include policies and procedures and presentations). Communicates with a wide
variety of individuals (employees and all levels of management) throughout the organization
and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
- Ability to communicate effectively with
senior management, users, team members and vendors on technical and non-technical
- Ability to recognize issues and problems
develop effective solutions and resolve issues successfully within the team and
with the client.
- Ability to work independently with minimal
direction or oversight.
- Ability to recommend Parsons direction in
using new technologies and upgrading existing technologies as well as the ability
to supervise projects introducing new technologies or upgrading existing technologies.
No. of Openings : 01
Experience : 5 Years
Posted On : 22nd Sep, 2017
Location : Chennai
Installation, programming, Testing and Commissioning, and Maintenance for Full CCTV
System according to MOI standards - (Cabling, Cameras, NVR/DVR, Hard Disk Drive,
Switches, Patch Panels, UPS, Racks/Cabinets, MDF and IDF, Etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Cabling and Trucking.
- Socket Termination.
- Patch Panel Termination.
- Cable Tracing.
- Site Visit.
- Cabinet Fixing.
- Camera Fixing and Focusing.
- DVR side Installation.
- DVR programming.
- BNC Connector Termination.
- IP Camera Configuration.
- Switch Designing.
- Storage Calculation and Designing.
- NVR Configuration.
- Viewer Configuration.
- Remote Session Configuration.
- Access Control Device Installation.
- Access Control Connection Termination.
- Lock Fixing.
- Installation of CCTV Camera System.
- Installation of Home Theater and Music System.
- Analog Cameras and Digital cameras (IP Based
Cameras), complete installation of CCTV.
- Network cabling and System Maintenance
- Operation of Building Management Systems
is a plus.
- To maintain intercom, network, centralizing
the audio and video using Leaf System is a plus.
- Home base security solution is a plus
- Home Theater Installation is a plus
- Auditorium, Conference Room Audio System
Installation and Commissioning is a plus.